|• Mayor (2020–2024)||Florentin-Costel Pandele (PSD)|
|Area||37.4 km2 (14.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET/EEST (UTC+2/+3)|
|Area code||(+40) 02 1|
Voluntari (Romanian pronunciation: [volunˈtarʲ]) is a town in Ilfov County, Muntenia, Romania. It is located at a distance of 1 km from the northern border of Bucharest (on the DN2 road towards Urziceni) and is thus frequently viewed as a suburb of Bucharest.
The population is 47,366 inhabitants according to the 1 December 2021 census, with an ethnic composition, among those for whom data are available, of 94.8% Romanians, 1.3% Romani, 0.9% Chinese, 0.5% Turks, and 2.5% of other ethnic groups.
The low price of land, the proximity to Bucharest, and the easy and reliable access to both the railway network and the road network have allowed a steady development of industrial and commercial facilities, especially in the light industry and import/export commerce. The town's output estimate increased by over 25% between 2001 and 2005. Even with such high development rates, many residents commute to Bucharest. Voluntari is the site of a shopping centre known as Jolie Ville Galleria, as well as the headquarters of the Vodafone Romania company.
Voluntari literally means "Volunteers", in Romanian, having been founded by the volunteer soldiers who fought for Romania in World War I and were given plots to build their homes there after the war. The settlement received city status in 2004.
This section needs to be updated.(June 2021)
The Voluntari Local Council (Consiliul Local Voluntari) has 19 councillors. It currently has the following party composition:
|Party||Seats in 2008||Current Council|
|Social Democratic Party||17|
|Democratic Liberal Party||2|
Voluntari has its own bus network, operated by the local council, consisting of five bus routes: 1, 2, 153, 155 and 167. Additionally, the city is connected to Bucharest by bus routes run by STB, Bucharest's public transport operator.
- FC Voluntari – football club
- "Results of the 2020 local elections". Central Electoral Bureau. Retrieved 8 June 2021.
- "Populaţia rezidentă după grupa de vârstă, pe județe și municipii, orașe, comune, la 1 decembrie 2021" (XLS). National Institute of Statistics.
- "Mark Twain International School". Archived from the original on 2001-11-04.
- "ホーム." (Archive) Japanese School in Bucharest. Retrieved on 5 February 2014. "Str. Erou Iancu Nicolae, Nr. 91E, Localitatea Voluntari, Județul Ilfov, Romania" – See map (Archive)